Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long Time No See!

Sorry I've been a bit of an absentee on the blog lately!  I've been sewing a bunch, so now I have a nice backlog of projects to post about, if I can ever get around to taking some pictures.

I'm dying to write up a post and a pattern review for Butterick 5455, which I spent most of my 4th-of-July vacation sewing.  It took me quite a while, but I think I did a careful, high-quality job, and I'm pleased with the results.  And after a few hours of frantic finishing on Sunday, I was able to wear it to a party that night, held at a friend's posh lake-front "cabin."  It was perfect!  I promise I'll have pictures and a full write-up as soon as I can.

In the meantime, you'll have to satisfy yourselves with a brief recap of some of the (mostly) fun things I've been doing these days instead of blogging:
  • Planning a trip to northern Michigan for our anniversary in August
  • Making strawberry jam
  • Finishing a dissertation chapter
  • Meeting the cows who make our milk at a small-scale family-owned local dairy
  • Submitting an article for review (cross your fingers for me!)
  • Running my first ever half-marathon and beating my pace goal
  • Watching fireworks on a catamaran on Devil's Lake
Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment