Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Post-script: Even less original than I thought!

Ok, so I knew it was unlikely that I'd actually had an original design idea, but here's proof that I'm a shameless (if unknowning) rip-off artist!

Not only is my Mad Men dress very similar to a dress featured on the show, but it's also shockingly similar to this dress.

And the lovely lady wearing it? The Selfish Seamstress, of course!

And my post about drafting the collar? Again, I thought, very original, right? Would you believe that the Selfish Seamstress has shared her collar design too, in the form of a super-slick free pdf download?

Would you believe that I've certainly seen this dress on her blog, and her design must have seeped into my unconscious? That I had forgotten ever seeing it before? And that I randomly stumbled across it again immediately after publishing my now super-lame rip-off post?

So, to my (likely non-existant) blog readers, I'm sorry for being so lame. And Elaine, please believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

No comments:

Post a Comment