Sunday, April 4, 2010

Peaceful coexistence?

This weekend, I made a muslin that I'm really pleased with. But I also made a mess. A big one.


We live in a small-ish apartment, and my "sewing room" serves double-duty as our living room. My sewing machine folds away into a table, and so lives permanently in one corner of the room. When I'm going to be doing a lot of drafting, I set up this folding table on the other side of the room. Then I proceed to cover every flat surface, including the couch, with paper, fabric, lucite quilting rulers, pens, pencils, scissors, wads of snipped threads, and of course, pins that nestle themselves into the berber carpet and wait for someone innocent and unsuspecting to walk by with bare feet.

What about you? How do you manage your mess? Is it possible for sewing to coexist peacefully with other living-related activities in your living room?

No comments:

Post a Comment